Investigative Steps in
Contract & Procurement Fraud Cases
1. Begin the case
2. Test the allegations
3. Conduct background and asset checks
4. Evaluate preliminary information
5. Complete the internal investigation
6. Begin the external investigation
7. Trace illicit payments
8. Interview the secondary subject
9. Interview the primary subject
10. Choose remedies & draft final report
Source: Contract and Procurement Fraud. (2005). Austin, TX: Association of Certified Fraud Examiners. pp. 132-135.
This publication provides business, financial planning, and/or tax information to our clients. All material is for general information only and should not be acted upon without seeking appropriate professional assistance.